The touch of Jesus heals, transforms and restore.
“A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said: “Lord, if you are willing, can you make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean.” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.” (Matthew 8:2-3)
Dear brothers and friends.
We are already in the third month of the year and we did not have the opportunity to send our news, but we thank God, for the day has arrived. We hope all you are well and enjoying the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. A few months ago, I (Eliethe) have been teaching the book of Matthew to the woman in our local church Khabide. The text that we have been sharing speaks about the healing of a man who had leprosy. In those days the people who had leprosy could not be allowed to live among the community, they were humiliated, discriminated and considered impure. Regardless of the rules this man was filled with courage and he went to Jesus to receive his healing. The most fantastic thing about this story is that Jesus touched him. No one could touch someone with leprosy because they believe who do that will be impure, but Jesus did and the man was completely healed of his leprosy and his heart. The touch of Jesus heals, transforms and restore. Have you experienced this touch? Fill yourself with courage to break those boundaries that discourage you, and go reach out for Him. Surely you will never be the same when He touches you.
PRAY for Raquel and the girls in Mozambique so that they get the opportunity to study and get married at the right time.
- I thank God for the opportunity to work with the girls doing craft work which has given us the opportunity to be closer to them, and to be able to advise and share the gospel.
- We thank God for another year that He gave to me (Eliethe) to celebrate my birthday.
- We praise the Lord for the rain that has poured down for the plantation to grow, and give food to the people.
- As we said in the last letter, the volunteer Thaise returned to Brazil, but the Lord sent Roseli to help us, for one year. She is working with children and developing a great ministry with the young ones.
- For the translation and the launch of 32 portions of the Bible in Sign Language of Mozambique. I (Eliethe) participated in this celebration in Maputo. After that we organized that celebration here in Beira partnership with three churches that have been doing ministries with deaf people. “In that day the deaf will hear the words of the book.” (Isaiah 29:18)
- We thank God for giving us the strength to continue to support other missionary colleagues through our work at the office beside the personal ministry that we have developed.
- We thank God for the treatment to Eliethe to increase immunity system which was successful, also Maseven's body has been getting strong to face the climate of Mozambique.